A boutique hotel with a touch of traditional elegance and aristocracy offers you a unique experience of luxury amidst a natural, remote, and uninhabited environment.
A gem amongst the Anuradhapura hotels, it is nestled in a sprawling 58-acre lush green garden with a 150-year-old mansion at its centre, rich with cultural heritage and historical significance. Interposed within this natural habitat, there are 25 villas with private pools, cautiously designed and built to maintain the ecological balance of the surroundings.
If you cherish adventure tourism or value visiting majestic archaeological sites, Ulagalla is the place to visit. This is after all the land where great Kings once reigned. It is a 30-minute drive to the archaeological sites in Anuradhapura and an hour away from the great rock fortress of Sigiriya, now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- 150-year-old village chieftains mansion with a rich history and cultural significance
- The only all pool villa in the cultural triangle
- 25 Large 1850 sq ft villas each with its own private pool and separate living areas spread across 58 acres of land ensuring privacy and seclusion
- organic paddy field and traditional Sri Lankan rice harvesting
festivals and dining experiences
- Authentic experiences such as village cycle tours, tuk-tuk tours, horseback riding, archery, kayaking in the local lake and kite making.
- The unique position between major attractions: UNESCO world
heritage sites and national parks.
Accommodations are simply exquisite and are among the most luxurious villas in Sri Lanka. Your very own ‘villa’, your royal abode, comes with a king-sized bed, cosy sofas, wooden floors, and spacious terraces to create an atmosphere of pure luxury and extravagance.
You have a choice of 20 Pool Villas, each its own sanctuary. The calm and serene beauty of Anuradhapura surrounds your holiday home. The views from within are breathtaking – you have a choice of awe-inspiring views of lush green paddy fields, the neighbouring jungle which teems with life, or a tranquil lake with its inviting waters.